Today’s culture is defined by amorality, dishonesty, and discontentment. As a Christian parent, you want your children to reject these norms in favor of values like integrity, wisdom, and forgiveness. But how can you train them to do this when you’re still falling short yourself?
Author, speaker, and Moms in Prayer podcast host Lee Nienhuis offers guidance to every parent seeking to raise Jesus-following kids.
Lee is a farmer’s wife (turned camp coordinator), and midwestern mama. She is the host of the Moms in Prayer Podcast and author of Counter Cultural Parenting: Building Character in a World of Compromise.
“Home needs to be a place where it’s okay to fail and come back again. Home is our laboratory.”
We’re talking about:
- Passing on Christian values in today’s world
- The Good Enough Christian Parent – What do parents do when we’ve never seen it done before?
- Amos 8:11-13
- When you weren’t raised in a Christian home
- 2 Chronicles 16:9
- Looking for our kids’ natural giftings
- Catching the moments for important conversations
- Where to start when we’re not sure:
- I don’t know how, but You do. Please help me
- Give me a love for your Word
- Give me a heart for prayer
“We’ve never lived in such a connected world. It can be really scary, but it can also be really pioneering.”
“The work of rebuilding our society starts in our own home.”
There is hope and support for grieving mothers, experiencing pregnancy loss. Rachel shows us how to be compassionate with our loved ones.
Jonathan McKee gives parents practical tools on how to approach technology with wisdom and grace instead of constant correction.
What the link between family schedules and life expectancy tells us about teaching kids to be resilient adults.