Today’s culture is defined by amorality, dishonesty, and discontentment. As a Christian parent, you want your children to reject these norms in favor of values like integrity, wisdom, and forgiveness. But how can you train them to do this when you’re still falling short yourself?
Author, speaker, and Moms in Prayer podcast host Lee Nienhuis offers guidance to every parent seeking to raise Jesus-following kids.
Lee is a farmer’s wife (turned camp coordinator), and midwestern mama. She is the host of the Moms in Prayer Podcast and author of Counter Cultural Parenting: Building Character in a World of Compromise.
“Home needs to be a place where it’s okay to fail and come back again. Home is our laboratory.”
We’re talking about:
- Passing on Christian values in today’s world
- The Good Enough Christian Parent – What do parents do when we’ve never seen it done before?
- Amos 8:11-13
- When you weren’t raised in a Christian home
- 2 Chronicles 16:9
- Looking for our kids’ natural giftings
- Catching the moments for important conversations
- Where to start when we’re not sure:
- I don’t know how, but You do. Please help me
- Give me a love for your Word
- Give me a heart for prayer
“We’ve never lived in such a connected world. It can be really scary, but it can also be really pioneering.”
“The work of rebuilding our society starts in our own home.”
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Episode 109 | You Don’t Have to Do It All
Do you have what it takes to be a homeschool mom? Yes! We’re busting the myth that you have to do it all to be effective.
Episode 108 | Know Your “Why”
How knowing your “why” is fuel for homeschooling and how to encourage characteristics of the heart that you can’t measure with a grade.
Episode 106 | Unlocking Our Hard Stories
Sandrine Nyembo Tucker shares her incredible testimony about fleeing her home country torn by civil war, and her journey of faith in overcoming shame and rejection.