Guest Blogging Guidelines
Practical Family is happy to invite guest bloggers to submit a well-written, high quality, original article to be featured on our website.
While we are not paying guest writers at this time, sharing your ideas on our platform is great exposure, and will help to boost traffic to your site. We believe in contributing to a community of bloggers who help to boost each other. That way everyone wins!
Visit our Press Kit page and view our current reach pulled directly from Google Analytics.
Submit 2-3 topic ideas for review. Topics must relate well with the vision and heart of Practical Family, which is a faith-based family encouragement & resource blog. We will respond to your request within 7-10 business days.
If the article is approved, we will respond with a deadline to submit as it fit within our publishing calendar.
Practical Family will feature your article, link to your website and any social media platforms you submit on our blog page as well as our social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for an increased likelihood that your article will be chosen:
- Choose a compelling title focused on the felt need of the reader (i.e., your reader is the hero and you are the guide helping them to overcome an obstacle)
- 1-2 sentence description for metadata
- Word Count: 500 (min) – 800 (max)
- All grammar and spelling are correct (no typos)
- All links are accurate and not spammy
We will send you an approximate publishing date as well as a Practical Family site badge graphic to advertise for the release on your site and social media pages. Once submitted, we may return your work with notes for revisions or do some minor editing before publishing to the site.
For the best sharing results, please send the following in the body of your email:
- Personal Bio – 2-3 sentences telling our audience who you are and what you’re about (include relevant education / work experience & personal connection points about your family)
- Social Media Handles (i.e., www.facebook.com/practicalfamily), as many as you like 🙂
- Head shot – 50×50 picture of your face (cell phone pic is fine on a light background in natural light)
- Your website’s logo image
We ask that you do not publish your submitted post on your own site, but that you link to Practical Family when referencing this specific work. It prevents duplicate content (which Google will flag), but also helps that cycle of traffic and sharing. Please contribute to the Practical Family community also by “liking” and “following” Practical Family on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to share our content as it is applicable to your audience within your newsletter or similar medium.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you for your consideration and I hope to collaborate with you soon!
Here are posts that we have featured from other bloggers and ministry partners.